Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day at the market

Hello all,
 Today Joe and I decided to go to the war museam, but we got our acts together too late. We decided to stay in the city and walk around. We called some of our friends and invited over for a farewell supper. They are leaving tomorrow to go see a little boy.
 We decided on the menu. ( here is the funny part). sausages, mushroom risotto ( Joe is making it since I cannot cook rice for the life of me), and sauted veggies.
We took a walk down to the market. There we say some very interseting things. (Pictures to follow). Lets just say we will not be buying meat there. We then say these counters and counters of cavier and smoked fish. So we bought some cavier for supper. Now you guys have no clue how cheap the caviar is here. We paid $15 for a 4oz jar. On our way back we stopped for some crackers and sausages. We bought something that looks like sausages, but not too sure what they are made of. That is the beauty of being "adventerous".We will let you know tomorrow how it all was.
 Tomorrow we plan on going to the museam, and Saturday lavra ( the pilgramage place).
We are trying to visit what is further for the city this week, because we think we will be having an appointment next week.
Ok that is it for now. Have a good day everyone.
Oh by the way they have the most delicious coffee on the streets. An espresso or a macchiatto is 75 cents. Here are 2 pictures of the cars.

Adele & Joe

5 comments:

  1. Good morning to yu 2...
    I tried to reach yu threw the skype today at 5 AM but yu were not there, I had no clue yu were buying CAVIAR , excuse me....happy to know you are shopping around and exploring new taste of food...
    Belle soeur, when I saw that yu were cooking rice I said to myself may be Adele has now a different touch in Kiev , but I was mistaken , reading later that Joe is doing it..hahaha...
    Eat some caviar for me guys and drink this delicious coffee at our sante...
    Enjoy those days , it will be the best souvenir later on...
    Can t wait to hear from yu for the next week appointement...
    At the meantine enjoy yur days...
    Miss yu both very very much. ..love yu...talk to yu later..
    Carine , Gaby & Alain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Adele and Joe,
    I wouldn't dare experiment on tasting the sausage... I know what they are stuffed with and I am not telling....... . o.k. just kidding. Hope you enjoy the caviar and the thing that resembles a sausage.
    Adele, I am surprised, you don’t know how to cook rice, .... Cooking rice is the easiest thing... I even know how. All you have to do is turn the stove on high temp., add equal parts of water and rice, add salt and butter (to taste) and let it boil until it is all mushy. Very easy. Try it. The tricky part is turning it into a risotto but you can ask Joe to do that.
    On a more serious note, I hope and pray that next week or the week after will be a fantastic week for you and that you will be united with your child. I can't tell you how much I want this for you both. You both really deserve a child and a child will be sooooo blessed to have you as parents... It amazes me how good and patient you are with children. Adele, you taught Noah how to wave....and on skype.... btw, After we hung up, Noah started waving again..I tell you that kid is furba...He does it on purpose not to let you see.
    O.k. have a great supper and Speak to you soon,

    Johanne, Fil and Noah
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adele and Joe,
    It is incredible all of the new experiences you are living! You are very adventurous in the food department that's for sure. Hope that you're enjoying yourselves while waiting for the big day to arrive. It certainly sounds like you're keeping busy. My thoughts are always with you, take care...love
    Sue, Alicia & Bradley
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Guys,
    Been thinking about you. Hope you hear some good news soon. How did the supper turn out?...mmm mushroom risotto.
    Keep on blogging..We all look forward to it!!
    Good luck!!
    Grace, Tony and Massimo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adele, I've been meaning to write. I'm tired and overworked. But i'm glad to see you are making the most of your stay. Love the pics and the details of your findings...
    Please remember to keep your spirits up, it will work out. Say hi to Joe and just want you to know I think about you guys all the time. Stay well...luv you lots ! xo Toni

    ReplyDelete