Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday morning

Good morning all,
 Sorry I have not written in a couple of days. I am sick. A cold so far, but could lead up to my usual sinus infection. Thank God I got a bunch of perscriptions before we left. I will see in the next few days if I need them.
 Friday we went to the famine museam. It was quite emotional actually. There was a lady that did not speak a word of English, but wanted to show us around. She also asked me to ring the huge bell ouside in memory of all of those that perished during the famine.
 We also went to Lavra. It is a very sacred place for Orthodox. It was built in the 1100s. Ok I think part of it anyway. Another part was finished in the 18th certury. We could not go in any of the churches beacuse the Orthodox get married on Friday. There was a wedding in all of the 7 churches. I had to buy a scarf to cover my head even to go in the buildings. We had to rent me a skirt to go see the catacombs. (plus the scarf) It was a beautiful sunny fall day. We lit some candles as we always do. Said our usual prayer, and wondered around. Again up and down hills. We will have the strongest thighs in the world.
 At night we went for dinner at one of watering holes. As always delish, and cheap!!!
Yesterday I was not feeling too hot so we ate at our varanike place and vegged the rest of the day. I had green borsch. It was a first, and not a last.
 Today, not too sure yet. We will veg to start off, and then go out because last night we were climbing the walls by 9pm. We would like to get together with some friends , and have dinner. Still too early to call ( its 10:30am)
 Here are some pics of our Friday!!!
Please say a prayer for so that we will have an appointment this week. We have been patient as they asked, but it is starting to run thin.

Peace,


Adele & Joe

8 comments:

  1. Hi you two! By the way, you are so sexy Adele on that picture. Just wanting to tell you that I keep you in my prayers everyday and my girls ask for an update everytime they see me on your blog.
    Alicia, Charles,Rébecca, Maryane, Guillaume and soon Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adele,
    or should I call you Jackie (with your head scarf) lol....I'm sad to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you will get better soon.. start popping those meds !
    We're praying that everything goes well on Wednesday. And it will.
    Luv you xoxo
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look! Actually was happy to see you in the picture. As much as I love your beautiful pics, would love to see more of you guys in them!! Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope you get an appointment soon and feel better sooner! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if you could tell that I wrote the previous comment & forgot to sign off love always kats xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Zia Sofia...where is the purse and the stories of Italy 1955 lol. You guys are the best for keeping us to date. I cannot tell you enough how much we miss you and think and talk about you all the time.
    I forgot to tell you that last night we went to Ottavio's near your house and Adamo didn't want to go cuz he said he would think of you and he would miss you too much! We went anyway and talked about where we sat when we were with you.
    Love you guys!
    Lidia, Adamo & Massimo
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly, get better soon, always the most important.
    Second, I got chills seeing this picture of you. Did you notice the solitary child in the background? The universe and your angels are smiling on you....love this picture. I think it tells a beautiful story about your future in one quick snapshot. Love to you and the TruffleJoe.
    Xo Tori

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are both ALWAYS in my prayers. Everything is for a reason...all in good time, love and keep each other well and all of your dreams will come to you. Love always, Sue xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi guys!!!
    Wow..miss you so much!!! Adele i'm just starting to get use to my phone not ringing at noon for our daily chat! Love your pictures..they are amazing.. lol..Adele you look a babushka! and a sexy one at that! would be nice to see more of you guys in the pictures..:)
    Hope you feel better..and you our both always in our prayers...good news is coming..
    love you both..Dora Germain Dahlia and Michael
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete