Monday, September 6, 2010

Our first night in Kiev

Hello all,
 Well we are in our appartment in Kiev. Its quite nice,but the neighbourhood is outstanding!!! Down our streeet is Gucci, Channel, Louis Vuitton etc.
The women here are stunning!!! So far not 1 so so looking.
 Anna picked us up at the airport. She was like a beakon in a storm!!!. She is sooooooooooo nice. She took us to pick up some supplies for a few days. She has already done over and above what we thought she would do. She is really taking care of us.
 Tomorrow we are meeting our coordinator to discuss our appointment at child services on Wednesday. We are looking forward to it. We will then try to tour a little.
 Kiev is a beautiful city so far, but very few English speaking people. I guess we really are going to have to learn Russian. Yes people not Ukranian. They speak mostly Russian.
 Well that is it for now. We are exhausted. We have not slept in over 36 hours.

'Bye for now.
Adele & Joe xoxox


9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are settled and enjoying the view!! Shopping is always a good passtime, I always say..:)!
    Wonderful news that things are already underway. Love this blog thing....It makes you not too far away!!
    Rest up 'cuz you are in for a ride of your life!!
    Keep in touch!
    Love,
    Grace. Tony and Massimo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - you could not imagine how many times I went for the phone to call you. But then I think about it and I smile knowing that you are where you need to be.

    Love you guys like crazy. Good luck tomorrow and can't wait to hear about it.
    xxx
    Lidia, Adamo & Massimo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, crazy lady who is on the heels of seventy had a devil of time finding you, but was determined to, and did...how exciting that Adele and Joe are in Kiev, Sarah was there many moons ago, can tell you there were no Gucci,Channel, etc...when she was in Russia, it was Russia then. Happy you are situated in a good homebase, so important. What an adventure you have undertaken, my love and prayers are w/ you both..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You see, (Gucci, Channel Etc)this is better than the outlets. So dont loose neither the time nor the opportunity.
    Zorro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys, we wanted to say hellooo, were glad to hear that you settled in. Hope you guys get some rest. Love Julia,Michael and Victoria xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys, glad to hear that all is under control. I love your blog...I check it a few times a day!! Why am I not surprised that you are right in the middle of the shopping district??? Very convenient! Good for you, you have to keep busy between appointements right?? My mom and dad wish you both their very best, they too are thrilled with your wonderful news! Your blog was a great idea to keep everyone current with what's going on...I'm addicted. I'm so happy, you have no idea how often I am thinking of you guys. Thank-you for including me in your wonderful circle. What a lucky child this will be. I am so very anxious to see you again and meet the newest member to your family.
    Love you,
    Sue xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful to get news from you guys....love this blog!!! Glad to hear that you arrived safely and that you are being well taken care of. Adele, I am sure you will be able to squeeze in a little shopping...and by the sounds of it, it will be good shopping indeed! Hope you have a good nights rest and good luck with your upcoming meetings! I'll be checking the blog to get updates...can't wait to hear how things are progressing!

    Hugs and Kisses
    Laura, Eric, Alessia and David

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi - I took the liberty to help you out with Russian.

    Here it goes:
    yes: да
    no: нет
    thank you: вы

    Hope it helps...

    Love you guys...can't wait to hear about your news.
    P.s. Massimo could not wait to get up to speak to you this morning. Speak to you later!

    Lidia, Adamo and Massimo
    xxx

    ReplyDelete